If you do not need to create a new customer for each order that comes from you online channel then you can use a Standard Customer. This will forgo trying to create or match to existing customers and instead put all orders under one selected customer. Using a Standard Customer is recommended if you have a large QB Company file or if you are using a marketplace that doesn't give full customer data such as when selling on Amazon.
Configuring a Standard Customer
Fist Create a customer in your accounting system that will be easily identifiable as the standard customer (ex for Amazon, name the customer "Amazon Customer" ), if you are using Amazon and have both merchant fulfilled and FBA orders then create a separate customer for each.
Log into the Webgility Desktop Software and go to Integrations "Refresh Data"
In the screen that pops up you will need to Click Download Data under Section 2. (see screenshot) Depending on the size of the company file this download can take several minutes. After it completes close the pop up.
From the Integrations menu, select Stores then click Configure.
In the left pane click Customers.
Under Section 2 do the following:
- Select "Don't create the customer. Use this QuickBooks customer for all transactions"
- In the Select Customer drop down menu find the Standard Customer you created.
- Check the box next to "Ignore Matching criteria for QuickBooks customers"
- If you are using Amazon FBA and want to use a secondary standard customer for those orders select "Use different QuickBooks customer for FBA Orders" and find your customer in the drop down.
- Click Save and Continue then close the configuration screen
This should make all future orders use the standard customer.