Creating a Database Backup
To take a database backup from Webgility Desktop you need to be on the workstation where the database is installed. Once you are on that machine follow these steps.
1. Launch and log into Webgiltiy Desktop, and go to the Dashboard of any of your sales channels.
2. From the top menu bar go to System > Database > Backup
3. Choose a location to save the backup (Note: due to local security on the workstation we advise using the default selected location). Then click OK.
4. Depending on how much data is being put into the backup, this can take a few minutes. Once it is completed you will see a success message.
5. The default location for the database will be C:\Webgility\UnifyEnterprise and the file type is .bak It is a good idea to move your backup to a different machine or backup directory to retain it.
Restoring a Backup
If you are moving a database to a different machine or recovering from a system failure you may need to restore your database from a back up so you do not lose any work or settings. Follow these steps to restore your database.
Follow these Steps to restore your Database.
1. From the header bar in Webgility Desktop go to System > Database > Restore.
2. You will get a pop up warning you about overwriting the existing data, click Yes to proceed.
3. Browse for your most recent UnifyDB.bak file and click Open.
4. After a few moments you will get a success message. Dismissing this message closes the software. When you relaunch it you will see your data restored.