If you double click on an order in the Order, Errors, or Archived views you will be shown the Main Order Detail view.
Main Order Detail View
There is a lot held within this area as it has multiple tools and views itself and there are even ways to over ride your standard settings.
We will start with the main Details View, follow the below diagram to understand more about this view:
- Views Header - The contents of this header bar depend on your configuration, clicking the title name will take you to the respective area. All configurations will see Details, Customer and History. Other possible views include Purchase Orders, Expenses and Fees, and Credit Memos.
- Order Contents - This area contains the details about the items on the order. If there are more items than can be displayed in this area a scroll bar will display indicating there is more below.
- Add Item - This button will allow you to add additional items to the order. Use this tool with caution: Webgility Desktop does not instruct your online store to add the item to the order and the customer will not be charged for it.
- Additional Charges or Discounts - This area displays anything else associated with the order as well as the order total. Discounts, tax, and shipping will display here by default.
- Payment Info - This area will display how the customer paid for the order, information displayed here will very between shopping cart software and will be obscured by different amounts.
- Shipment Info - This section will display different information depending on whether the order has shipped yet or not. If the order is downloaded prior to shipment it will display the information on how the end customer has requested the order to ship. If the order has already shipped when it is downloaded (or if you use the Webgility Desktop shipping processor to ship the order) this are will display the shipping method and tracking information on the package.
- Accounting System Transaction Info - This area is mainly for posting orders to your accounting system via the 'Post to' button. Once an order has been posted to the accounting system the transaction id will be displayed and the button changes to "View in" the accounting system. Clicking this will take you to the transaction itself (note this is unavailable in QuickBooks Point of Sale).
- PO & Notes - If your store has the functionality to add a PO number to the order it will display in the Online PO Number field. If there are any notes added to the order (usually additional info about the payment transaction) they will be in the Order Notes section.
- Additional Actions - The action buttons to the lower left allow you to do various things to manipulate the order:
- Manual Processing - This button will have a pop up which allows you to enter additional payment or shipping information. The most common use here is if a shipping processor is used that is not compatible with Webgiltiy Desktop and would like the functionality of posting the information back to your online channel.
- Move to Archived - This button moves the order from its current area to the order archive.
- Get Tracking ID - This button is only visible if you have configured the integration with QuickBooks Ship Manager. Clicking this will check to see if the transaction in QuickBooks has had the tracking id attached and if so, bring it into the order and mark it as shipped.
- Save - if you have modified anything about the order you will need to save it by clicking this button in order to commit the changes.
- Close - Close the order detail view.
- Misc - The buttons to the lower right will vary slightly depending on what you have configured. From left to right the buttons are:
- Help - Go to the help desk / user guide.
- Print Options - Allows you printer either a packing slip or a pick list for the order.
- Delete Order - Sends the order to the Trash View.
- Cancel Order - Cancels the order (Note this may not refund the order use with caution).
- Re-download Order - This button will refresh the order from the online store and update the info in the order if it has changed since it was originally downloaded (Note: if the order was already posted to QuickBooks or Shipped you will lose this information when you re download the order).
Customer Detail View
The Customer Detail screen has three main areas.
- Customer Billing Info - The billing address provided by the customer.
- Customer Shipping Info - The ship to addressee info on the order.
- Customer Information - This area houses over rides which can be modified before the order is posted to QuickBooks. The selections here allow you to over ride how a new customer is created on an order by order basis.
Order History View
The Order History view allows you to see everything that has happened to the order since it was first downloaded into the Webgility Desktop System.
- Order Log - This field shows everything that has happened to the order since it was downloaded. The events are time stamped and also user stamped. This section is useful for finding out why an order may be in the Error View.
- Webgility Order Notes - This section is very useful in multi-user situations. Using this feature you can broadcast notes to either your entire work group or a single user of Webgility Desktop (by selecting the id from the drop down)