Webgility Desktop can be used to download shipping cost for shipments processed in ShippingEasy. The orders and their shipping fees can then be properly associated and posted to the accounting system. This article will guide you through the steps to connect ShippingEasy as a shipping provider, download per-order shipment charges from channels you select, and set those up to be synced to your accounting system.
Connect ShippingEasy to Webgility Desktop as a Sales Channel
- Navigate to Integrations > Stores > Configure to start connecting ShippingEasy as a shipping provider
- Click on the Shipping section of the side navigation and select Yes to shipping and processing labels through Webgility. This will give you access to connect ShippingEasy.
3. Select ShippingEasy and click Save and Next until you reach the ShippingEasy sub-tab at the top
4. Copy and paste your API Key and Secret from ShippingEasy. To access your API Key or update it on ShippingEasy it can be accessed from Settings > API Credentials within ShippingEasy. This ShippingEasy article can also help with finding and updating those credentials.
5. After inserting the Key and Secret from ShippingEasy, click Test Credentials to connect.
6. Now on the Options sub-tab at the top you can configure how the cost from shipments processed through ShippingEasy for this channel will post to the accounting system. Check the box to Record Shipping Cost
7. Then select an option from the dropdown for transaction type.
8. After selecting the transaction type, select Setup to the right to configure the expense transaction specific settings that will be created.
Downloading and Posting Shipping Cost for Orders
After configuring how you will post the per-order expenses from ShippingEasy we can download and start to post fees for any associated orders for that channel.
- First select orders you'd like to download shipments for by checking the box next to them. You can then select Download Shipments from More Actions at the bottom, or right click the orders and select Download Shipments.
- Shipments downloaded before an order has been posted to accounting will sync to accounting when the order is posted
- Shipments downloaded after an order has already been posted to accounting can also be synced by selecting Post Shipments from this menu after they have been downloaded.
2. After shipment related costs have been downloaded they will be viewable in each order by clicking on view or double clicking each order and navigating to the Shipment Details
Shipment Details Screen