As per the Amazon security policy, all Webgility customers must utilize the latest connection protocols. This implies that it is mandatory for all Webgility customers to migrate to the more secured Amazon connection flow. As you are connected to your Amazon store with your old flow, it is required to edit your Amazon connections to comply with the latest Amazon's policy. If you fail to comply with the policy, you may face connectivity issues with Amazon.
Before you proceed to edit the connection, please ensure that you comply with the following pre-requisites:
- Check whether you have installed the latest version (188.8.131.52) of Unify Enterprise.
- If you are on an older version, you need to upgrade to the latest version of Unify. To know how to click here.
To move to the amazon's secured authentication connections in Unify Desktop
1. Login to Unify.
2. From the File menu, click Manage Store.
3. In the Manage Stores screen, click Edit Connection corresponding to the store that you want to edit.
4. In the 1. Accounting Software Settings screen, click Next.
5. In the 2.Store Settings screen:
a. If you are on a new connection, you will notice the two fields: Seller ID and MWS Auth Token. Click Test Store Connection.
Note: If you notice 3 fields: Merchant ID, Access Key and Secret Key, instead of the above two fields, it implies that you are on an older version and need to upgrade to the latest version. To know how to click here.
2. In the Login screen under Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) screen:
a. Accept the Disclaimer and click Next.
b. Click Continue to authorize Unify to access the data from amazon seller central.
3. A confirmation message gets displayed in the 2. Store Settings screen. Click OK in the message and then click Next.
4. In the 3. Store Information dialog box, fill in the missing information, if any and click Save store to save the store information.
5. A message notifies that your store has been updated successfully. Click Yes to confirm the operation.