Once you have configured the first tab in the Shipping screen section i.e, Settings, the next step is to configure the Options tab, provided you have opted to use Unify Enterprise to process the shipping labels under the Settings tab.
In order to process the shipping labels, you have a series of options available under the Options tab to let Unify to:
- Update the specified location of the store, every time a shipment is processed.
- Check item quantity in NetSuite before shipping.
- Print packing slip once the shipment gets generated.
- Add a new third party or edit an existing party.
- Enable Weight Scale to check the weight of your package on a specified device.
To configure the shipping options in NetSuite
1. In the Shipping screen section, click the Options tab.
2. Under the Options tab:
a. Under the Shipment Processing options, click to select the appropriate option(s) to let Unify process the shipping transactions in NetSuite.
Note: If you select the first option, you can also select the desired location from the Use Shopify Location to create Fulfillment. This indicates that this selected location will be used as a location to create fulfillment.
b. If you want to add a new third party, click Add Third Party.
3. In the Third Party Details screen, click Add to add a third party.
4. In the Third party screen:
a. From the Provider drop down box, click to select the appropriate provider.
b. Fill in the details of the provider like customer name, address (street, city, state, country, postal code, phone number and fax) and account number in the respective fields.
c. Click Save to save the details.
d. A message notifies that the third party details have been saved successfully.
The added provider gets displayed in the Third Party Details screen.
- If you want to edit a third party, click Edit corresponding to a third party to edit the details of that party such as address name, provider, account #, state, country and more in the Third Party screen.
- If you want to delete a third party, click Delete corresponding to that third party.
5. Under the Options tab:
a. Under Enable Weight Scale, click to select a device from the drop down box.
Note: This device will be used to read the weight of your package. Once you place a package on your weight scale, click Test your weight scale to verify whether Unify reads you scale accurately or not.
b. Click Save & Next to save the settings, directing you to the <Shipping Processor> screen.