This article lets you understand the procedure of configuring the Amazon FBA shipping processor as part of the configuring the Unify settings for processing shipping labels for your orders.
To configure the Amazon FBA settings
1. Login to Unify.
2. From the File menu, click Configure store.
3. In the left pane of the Store Setup screen, click Shipping.
4. Under the Shipping > Settings tab:
a. If you want to process the order shipments, click Yes under Do You Ship Your Orders?
b. If you want Unify Enterprise to process shipping labels, click Yes.
A list of shipping processors (Amazon FBA, UPS Direct, etc) gets displayed.
c. Click the Amazon FBA checkbox to configure the settings for this provider.
The Amazon FBA tab gets displayed for letting you to configure the settings for this shipping processor.
5. Under the Amazon TBA tab, click Sign with Seller Central.
6. In the Login screen:
a. Type your Amazon seller central credentials (email id and password) and click Sign In.
b. Select the checkbox to accept the disclaimer and then click Next.
c. Click Continue to authorize Unify to access Amazon MWS.
d. A message notifies that Amazon FBA settings have been successfully saved. Click OK.
7. Under Map Products with Amazon SKUs, click Map Products to Amazon FBA.
8. In the Amazon FBA Product Mapping screen:
a. Type the appropriate Amazon FBA SKU codes that match with the corresponding codes in your online store (E.g. You can type Nokia00520 as an Amazon FBA SKU code for a corresponding product code: 000520 in your online store).
b. Select the checkboxes pertaining to the mapped codes.
Note: With this mapping, SKU codes in online store gets replaced with the mapped Amazon FBA codes on your shipping labels.
c. Click Save to save the entries.
d. A message notifies that the mapping has been saved successfully. Click OK in this message and then click Close to close the screen.
9. In the Store Setup screen, click Save & Next to save the configuring settings directing you to Shipping Rules tab.