As part of customer configuration settings of your store, there is yet another option that you need to configure and that is multiple currency settings. However, this configuration is applicable only if your accounting software such as QuickBooks is already configured to handle multiple currencies. If not, you need to follow the below two pre-requisite sections, before you proceed to configure multiple currencies.
- Open QuickBooks and click Edit > Preferences.
- In the left pane of the Preferences dialog box, click Multiple Currencies.
- Under the Company Preferences tab, check whether you are tracking multiple currencies or not.
- If not, click to select multiple currency options (Canadian Dollar, US Dollar and more) from the drop down box and click OK to save the settings.
Pre-requisites (Unify Enterprise)
Once you have configured the multi-currency settings in QuickBooks, the next stage is to ensure that you download the latest settings from QuickBooks to let Multi-Currency Settings option reflect in the Customers setup screen.
- From the File menu of Unify, click Download Latest Configuration.
- In the Get Latest Configuration Data dialog box, click Download Data under Download QuickBooks Data and Settings.
Wait for the data to get downloaded and then close the dialog box. Once done, you can proceed to configure the multi-currency settings.
Configuring Multiple Currency Settings
You can map currency, based on any of the parameters like Price Level, Country or Store Currency. Apart from that, you can also configure the currency of a standard customer, if Use QuickBooks customer for all customers option, along with the corresponding customer is selected.
To configure multiple currency settings
1. Login to Unify Enterprise.
2. From the File menu, click Configure Store.
3. In the left pane of the Store Setup screen, click Customers.
4. In the Customers screen under Multiple Currency Settings, click the Map Customer Currency checkbox and then click Setup Currency.
5. In the Map Currency dialog box:
a. Under Price Level drop down box, click to select the price level (Ex: 10% price level) that you want to map with the corresponding currency from Currency drop down box.
b. If you want to add custom mapping, click Add Mapping.
A new row gets appended to the existing row.
c. Repeat step (a) to define the custom mapping.
Note: Click Delete next to the mapping to delete the mapping.
a. If you want to map the currency, based on the country, click Map by Country.
b. Under Country drop down box, click to select the country (Ex: Australia) that you want to map with the corresponding currency from the Currency drop down box.
c. If you want to add custom mapping, click Add Mapping.
d. Repeat step (b) to define the custom mapping.
a. If you want to map the currency, based on your store currency, click Map by Store Currency.
b. From the Currency drop down box, click to select a currency (Ex: USD), corresponding to the store currency.
c. Map other values such as accounts receivables (A/R) account and deposit to account from the respective drop down down boxes with this selected currency.
d. Repeat steps (b & c) if you want to map other currencies of your store.
e. If you want to generate an error message if the currency is blank, click the Flag Order with error status when currency is blank checkbox.
f. If you want add a custom currency, type that currency in the Store Currency field and then click Add Mapping.
g. Repeat steps (b & c) for mapping your custom currency.
h. Click Save & Close the save the settings, closing the screen.
To configure the standard customer's currency setting
1. Under Multiple Currency Settings, click Setup Standard Customer.
2. In the Setup Standard Customer screen:
a. From the Currency drop down box, click to select the currency that you want to map with the customer from the Customer drop down box.
b. If you want to add a new mapping, click Add Mapping.
c. Repeat steps (a) and (b) to map the new currency.
d. Click Save & Close the save these settings, closing this screen.
With this setting, all transactions of this customer get recorded in the configured currency only, overriding the general currency settings.