This article walks you through the process of connecting Webgility Desktop with Walmart. For this, you need to have the Client ID and Client Secret. You need to generate these credentials by using Webgility Desktop application. Walmart is providing token-based authentication now so these credentials are required to successfully connect Walmart. To learn how to generate this credentials, scroll down to the bottom of the screen to read a separate procedure on this.
To connect Unify Desktop with Walmart
1. From the Integration menu of the Webgility Desktop screen, click Stores
2. In the Stores Menu, click the submenu Add to open the add store screen
3. In the Select Store screen:
a. In the Store Name field, type the appropriate store name.
b. From the Select Store drop down box, click Walmart.
c. Click Continue.
The Client ID and Client Secret fields get displayed.
Note: If you have a drop ship vendor account, follow steps: 4(d) to 4(e), skipping the preceding steps.
4. In the Connect to your Store screen:
a. You need to enter the Client Id and Client Secret which you can get this by clicking the generate key link. To learn how to generate this credentials, scroll down to the bottom of the screen to read a separate procedure (How to generate Client Id and Client Secret?) on this.
b. Click Connect to Store.
If the credentials are valid, Webgility Desktop successfully connects with Walmart, downloading the store data and settings (shipment methods and order status).
c. Once the data gets downloaded, Click Continue.
d. If you have a drop ship vendor account, select the Are you having a Drop Ship Vendor account? check box.
e. In the Distributor ID field, type the distributor id of your Walmart account.
f. Click Connect to Store.
g. Once all the data gets downloaded, click Continue.
6. In the Store Address screen, fill in your store details in various fields such as Company, Address 1, City, State, Phone, Email, Website and more and then click Continue.
You will be directed to the Connect to Accounting Software screen, where you need to connect with your desired accounting package.
How to generate Client Id and Client Secret?
1. Click on generate Key link on the connection screen as displayed in the following screen
2. You will see the following web page on which you need to select the marketplace as there will be 2 options available USA and Canada
3. Once you select the appropriate marketplace you will see the following screen on which you need to login by using your Walmart credentials.
4. On successful login, Walmart will generate the Client Id and Client Secret and you will be redirected to the following screen from which you need to copy the Client id and client Secret and paste this in Webgility Desktop application
a. User need to copy this client Id and Client Secret and past this in Webgility application and then click on connect to store