April 26th, 2018
- We made the design changes in grid control (changing size of columns, filtering etc.) throughout the application to improve the usability and readability of the content.
- We changed various icons that we were using in grid controls for increased context and usability
- Added a general notification system within Unify to instruct the user of next steps they may take to complete a proper sync after initially signing up. These notifications will increase with contextual complexity in future releases, dynamically updating the user of "next step" type of actions they may take for any unsynced data
- Amazon is calculating, collecting, and remitting sales tax for FBA orders shipped to customers in Washington or Pennsylvania. Amazon is handing this so Unify will not download the sales tax for such orders. We are adding this in the order history, so it will be traceable that the order did indeed receive tax on Amazon but it was simply removed from the original order revenue as well as the expenses subtracted by Amazon
- We improved the usability of Amazon 1-Click settlement report posting. Now we are showing a popup screen which is showing the progress of the deposit. Previously there was not a progress screen, so it was unclear what actions Unify was performing
- To improve the performance of Amazon 1-Click posting we provided a "Refresh Now" button on settlement report page so the user can click on this button to attempt to download any missing orders and refunds prior to post of the settlement report and deposit
General Enhancements and Issues Resolved
- Some QuickBooks online customers are getting an error related to their accounting period being closed while syncing transactions. We provided a new message for this so the user can understand the error. It is common for a user to connect to Unify during the middle of an accounting period and expect to post transactions from current, future, as well as past periods. If the QuickBooks file has already had it's accounting period closed for a given month, year, etc. then posting these older transactions will not be possible. In the case where a business is catching up on their books, including this closed period, then it may be necessary for the user to reopen their books of old periods to post missing transactions. Please see this helpdesk article for more information on how to change QBO settings for accounting period close date - https://help.webgility.com/h
c/en-us/articles/360003351874- Open-a-closed-accounting- period-to-post-historic- transactions
- We fixed some repeated automation issues that certain customers were facing. After attempting to automate a certain number of times, if the user had not resolved the error in posting, Unify would cease to attempt to post. This has been corrected so that Unify will continue to attempt to post errored orders until the user has successfully resolved the error or has moved the order to the deleted or ignored state (to not post to accounting at all).