You can create products in Accounting by following ways:
A. Create product while syncing orders
While posting an Order, Unify would match each product between store and your accounting based on your Product matching settings. When Items are not matched/found, you can set Unify to create products(Inventory/Non-inventory) in Accounting while posting orders.
- Creating an Inventory Item is only available for QBO and QBD integration.
- The only edition of QuickBooks Online that has inventory tracking is Plus. If you’re using Essentials or Simple Start, you must upgrade your QuickBooks Online to Plus plan.
- You must ensure you have configured Track Quantity on hand settings in your respective QBO, before you set Unify to create an Inventory item (Refer "How to enable Track Quantity on hand in QBO?" section in article below).
Here are the steps to set Unify to create Products in Accounting:
- Go to Connections
- Under respective sync settings, go to Product settings
- Select Create new option under If product is not found, then:
- Select the check box Track Inventory, if you wish to create an Inventory item in your QB
- Configure Respective accounts and other settings and click on Done to save the settings.
How to enable "Track Quantity on hand" in QBO?
- Login to QuickBooks Online and go to Account and settings:
- Click on Sales, and select checkbox Track inventory Quantity on hand, under Products and Services area.
- Click on Save and Done.
B. Create Product from Inventory >> Stores tab
This is an another way of creating all your products in Accounting, besides creating them along with Order posting. This enables you to create all missing products directly from Items >> Sales channel tab to your accounting system.
Before you begin creating product through this method, you must ensure to configure the setting on how you would like the product to be created in your accounting system. Follow steps below to configure the settings:
- Go to Settings >> Sync Inventory >> Two way sync
- Select if you want to create Inventory or Non-inventory products
- Configure all remaining settings and click on Save
Note: Create Inventory product is not supported for Xero
Now follow below steps to create products in your Accounting system:
- Go to Inventory >> Sales Channel tab
- Select a product, which is Missing in QB *you may also use filter by option on top to see all missing products.
- Select Create from the action drop down and click on Confirm