In this area, you can configure the product matching options and tell Unify what to do, if a product is not found in Accounting system while posting an order. For this example, we are using QuickBooks Online as our accounting package.
Follow below steps to configure the settings:
Sync transactions from all channels the same?
If you have multiples stores, you can configure the settings for one and copy to all other remaining stores. Select the option Yes if you wish to copy.
How do you Identify your products? (pre-existing items)
Use this area to determine the criteria that Unify will use to recognize your products between store and QuickBooks while syncing an order. For example, if you are matching the SKU 'Test Product' from the online store with the Item Number in QuickBooks Online, then the Item Number must be exactly the same i.e. 'Test Product' (Same spelling, same punctuation no changes at all..
If product is NOT found, then: (new items)
In this option you need to decide that if an inventory item in the store cannot be matched to one in QuickBooks Online, then what should Unify do. You can choose to:
Option 1: Create new
- You can choose this option to Create New Product in QuickBooks Online with the name and details as have been brought from the online Store while syncing an order.
- You can choose to create an Inventory or a Non-inventory product In QuickBooks Online. Check the Track Inventory box and select the income, inventory asset and expense accounts that Unify will use to create new products in QuickBooks Online. Limitation: Products with Inventory information can only be created in QBO and QBD.
- You must ensure that Inventory options is endabled in your QBO, before you could configure this here. In Quickbooks online go to Account settings ➙ Sales ➙ Products and Services. Make sure all the quantity tracking options are turned on. Note: The only edition of QuickBooks Online that has inventory tracking is Plus. If you’re using Essentials or Simple Start, please upgrade your QuickBooks Online.
Option 2: Use a standard product
- Use a standard product from the existing list of Products from QuickBooks Online.
- This standard product is used every time you sync an order and the product in order is not found in QuickBooks Online.
Option 3: Flag orders as an error
- When you select this option, Orders that have items that cannot be found upon order sync, will display an error.
Option 4: Map item
- When you select this option, then during order sync, if an item(s) cannot be found, a prompt will appear in the center of your screen asking you to map the item in the order to a pre-existing one in QuickBooks. This option is most useful when you have most of your inventory already in your accounting package, but it differs in name, punctuation or similar to the inventory in the online store.
1. If you already have an Item in QuickBooks and it is set to Inactive, you can choose to reactivate the same item and post the order using Unify, rather than creating or mapping the item in the order.
2. You can choose to manage purchase information as well as auto populate the sales description field and the purchase description fields with available data and information.
3. For those of you that have QuickBooks Desktop (Only QuickBooks Desktop and not QB Online or any other accounting platform) and have Advanced inventory control turned on, you would have the option to select and configure inventory sites, with separate ones for sales and price/Qty sync. Additionally, Amazon Sales channel(s) would offer configuration options for FBA & FBM sales and syncing.