In this area, you can configure the product matching options and tell Unify what to do, if a product is not found in Accounting system while posting an order. Here we are taking an example of QuickBooks Online.
Follow below steps to configure the settings:
Sync transactions from all channels the same?
If you have multiples stores, you can configure the settings for one and copy to all other remaining stores. Select the option Yes if you wish to copy.
How do you Identify your products?
First you need to determine on what criteria Unify must recognize your products between store and QuickBooks while syncing an order.
Note: Both these options must have the same data, same spelling/capitalization and same name.
For example, if you are matching the SKU 'Test Product' from the online store with the Item Number in QuickBooks Online, then the Item Number must be exactly the same i.e. 'Test Product'.
Note: Upon settings up any of the matching criteria, Unify would match exact characters of a product between store and QuickBooks while syncing an order. An error may occur even if a single character does not match.
e.g. If your matching criteria is SKU# from store to SKU# in QuickBooks, and you are syncing an order that has a product having SKU# as ABC, this exactly should match/exist in your QBO. If this product is set-up as ABC1 in your QBO, then Unify will not be able to match this product and use the setting as configured under next option - If product is NOT found, then:
If product is NOT found, then:
In this option you need to decide that if an inventory item in the store cannot be matched to one in QuickBooks Online, then what should Unify do. You can choose to:
Option 1: Create new
- You can choose this option to Create New Product in QuickBooks Online with the name and details as have been brought from the online Store while syncing an order.
- You can choose to create an Inventory or a Non-inventory product In QuickBooks Online. Check the Track Inventory box and select the income, inventory asset and expense accounts that Unify will use to create new products in QuickBooks Online. Limitation: Products with Inventory information can only be created in QBO and QBD.
- You must ensure that Inventory options is endabled in your QBO, before you could configure this here. In Quickbooks online go to Account settings ➙ Sales ➙ Products and Services. Make sure all the quantity tracking options are turned on. Note: The only edition of QuickBooks Online that has inventory tracking is Plus. If you’re using Essentials or Simple Start, please upgrade your QuickBooks Online.
Option 2: Use a standard product from QuickBooks Online
- Use a standard product from the existing list of Products from QuickBooks Online.
- This standard product is used every time you sync an order and the product in order is not found in QuickBooks Online.
Option 3: Flag orders as an error
- When you select this option, Orders will be tagged as an error while syncing.
To remove error, you must:
- Reconfigure the settings to any of the option 1, 2 and 4 and resync the order OR
- Manually create that product in QuickBooks Online, come back to Unify, go to connections >> Under stores section click on gear icon and select Products options. On the pop-up click on the refresh icon to bring in the recently created product in Unify. Once done go to Sales tab, select the error Order and resync.
Option 4: Map products
- Map Product is a process where you manually tell Unify that Product ABC in the online store is the same as Product XYZ in QuickBooks Online.
- When you configure this setting and sync an order of which product could not be found in QuickBooks Online, a pop-up will be displayed having list of existing QuickBooks products to map with.