To get to settings, click the settings cog, on the top right corner of the Unify Screen.
Once there, click on Item Matching under Sync Sales.
The item matching settings allow you to setup settings pertaining to how Unify sees inventory items from the sales channel and pairs them up with their counterparts in the accounting software. Note: These settings may be different for different accounting packages and different e-Commerce platforms. For this example, we are using QuickBooks Online. If you find your settings page confusing, feel free to book an onboarding or call instant support on 877 753 5373
Here are the various settings outlined in detail:
Note: If you find that you do not have relevant information for these settings in your accounting software, go ahead and make required items/accounts etc in your accounting software. Once done, come back to Unify and click refresh wheel on the top of your settings page to bring in the fresh data:
- Sync transactions from all channels the same: If you have multiples sales channels, and you want to keep the same settings for all of them, you can choose to make common settings at one go by clicking yes over here. If not, select no here, and make individualized settings for individual sales channels. Remember to click Save at the bottom of the screen for every sales channel you are setting up.
- How do you Identify your products: Use this area to determine the criteria that Unify will use to recognize your products between your sales channel and accounting package. e.g. If you are matching the SKU 'Test Product' from the online store with the Item Number in QuickBooks Online, then the Item Number must be exactly the same i.e. 'Test Product' (Same spelling, same punctuation no changes at all).
- If product is NOT found, then: In this option you need to decide that if an inventory item in the store cannot be matched to one in your accounting system, then what would you like Unify to do. You can choose to:
A. Create New
- You can choose this option to automatically Create a New Product, with the name and details as have been brought from the online Store, while syncing an order. Remember to select the correct Sales Income, Inventory Asset and expense accounts.
- If you are using QuickBooks online, You must ensure that Inventory options are enabled. To do this, In Quickbooks online, go to Account settings ➙ Sales ➙ Products and Services. Make sure all the quantity tracking options are turned on. Note: The only edition of QuickBooks Online that has inventory tracking is Plus. If you’re using Essentials or Simple Start, please upgrade your QuickBooks Online.
B: Use a standard product
- Use a standard product from the existing list of Products from your accounting system. This standard product is used as the item ordered in the sales receipt, every time you sync an order and the product in the order is not found in your accounting system.
C: Flag orders as an error
- When you select this option, Orders that have items that cannot be found upon order sync, will display an error.
D: Map item
- When you select this option, then during order sync, if an item(s) cannot be found, a prompt will appear in the center of your screen asking you to map the item in the order to a pre-existing one. This option is most useful when you have most of your inventory already in your accounting package, but it differs in name, punctuation or similar to the inventory in the online store.
1. If you already have an Item in QuickBooks and it is set to Inactive, you can choose to reactivate the same item and post the order using Unify, rather than creating or mapping the item in the order.
2. You can choose to manage purchase information as well as auto populate the sales description field and the purchase description fields with available data and information.
3. For those of you that have QuickBooks Desktop (Only QuickBooks Desktop and not QB Online or any other accounting platform) and have Advanced inventory control turned on, you would have the option to select and configure inventory sites, with separate ones for sales and price/Qty sync. Additionally, Amazon Sales channel(s) would offer configuration options for FBA & FBM sales and syncing.