In this area, you can configure the product matching options and tell Unify what to do, if a product is not found in Accounting system while posting an order. Here we are taking an example of QuickBooks Online.
Here are the settings:
How do you want to download product name?
First you need to determine, how you would like to download products from from online store. You can identify products using 2 fields product's SKU# and product's name. You need to match one of the options from the online store to one of the options in QuickBooks Online.
What field do you want to send product names to?
In this option you can select which field you want to use from Quickbooks online to match online store.
Note: Both these options must have the same data, same spelling/capitalization and same name.
For example, if you are matching the SKU 'Test Product' from the online store with the Item Number in QuickBooks Online, then the Item Number must be exactly the same i.e. 'Test Product'.
If product is NOT found, then:
In this option you need to decide that if an inventory item in the store cannot be matched to one in QuickBooks Online, then what should Unify do. You can choose to:
Option 1: Create new
- You can choose this option to Create New Product in QuickBooks Online with the name and details as have been brought from the online Store while syncing an order.
- A Non-inventory item(default) can be created in QuickBooks Online. Limitation: Products with Inventory information can not be created with this integration as Shipstation does not provide Inventory list.
Option 2: Use a standard product from QuickBooks Online
- Use a standard product from the existing list of Products from QuickBooks Online.
- This standard product is used every time you sync an order and the product in order is not found in QuickBooks Online.
Option 3: Flag orders as an error
- When you select this option, Orders will be tagged as an error while syncing.
To remove error, you must:
- Reconfigure the settings to any of the option 1, 2 and 4 and resync the order OR
- Manually create that product in QuickBooks Online, come back to Unify, go to connections >> Under stores section click on gear icon and select Products options. On the pop-up click on the refresh icon to bring in the recently created product in Unify. Once done go to Sales tab, select the error Order and resync.
Option 4: Map products
- Map Product is a process where you manually tell Unify that Product ABC in the online store is the same as Product XYZ in QuickBooks Online.
- When you configure this setting and sync an order of which product could not be found in QuickBooks Online, a pop-up will be displayed having list of existing QuickBooks products to map with.