To the right of the Dashboard View is the Orders View. This is where new orders are placed when they are downloaded from your eCommerce store into the Webgility Desktop software. This view is an essential part of the software and will be the primary working area for order processing workflows.
Below the view selection is the Search and Filter bar.
The search box allows you to look for a specific order by customer name, order number, or a specific SKU within the order.
The time filter allows you to view orders from a specific range (ex year to date) or a custom range.
The main filter button to the right will expand the top bar and display additional options to apply to the search.
- Destination: Allows you to toggle between domestic and international orders.
- Filter: Allows you to view orders that are at a specific status or step within the order work flows.
- Additional: Allows you to search for a specific field with in the order. Ex: shipping state.
By default the orders are shown in a grid with newer orders appearing towards the top. You can resort the view by clicking on the labeled headers below the search and filters.
The Shipping, Payment, Post To Store and QB (QuickBooks) columns will have icons to show if that specific action has been taken.
- Payment: Red circle icon with a check in it if the order is at a paid status
- Shipping: Pink circle icon.
- Filled in with a white check means the order is fully shipped
- Solid circle with a right arrow means this order is ready to ship
- Dotted circle with a check means the order is partially shipped
- Post To Store: Blue circle icon
- White clock means the action is pending.
- Solid with white check means the order has been posted to the store.
- QB: Green Circle Icon
- Single Check - this order has been posted to QuickBooks
- Double Check - this order has been posted to QuickBooks but there are multiple transactions related to it like a PO or Credit Memo in addition to the sales transaction.
Hovering the pointer over the order number will show an order preview so you can see at a glance what items are in any specific order.
The bottom bar of the order tab is how you will interact with the orders in a batch. To apply any of the below actions to one or more orders, check the box to in the left most column of the order view.
Get New Orders:
- Clicking this button instructs the software to check the current store for any orders that have been placed since the last download was made.
- The drop down arrow allows you to attempt orders by a Date Range or a specific order ID (both vary by store)
- This button brings the selected orders into the Shipping Module of Webgility Desktop.
- If you are not using Webgility Desktop for Shipping then this button will not be visible.
Post to QuickBooks:
- This button will create sales transactions in QuickBooks for the selected orders.
- The drop down arrow allows a user to add tracking info to a transaction that was posted to the accounting system prior to processing the shipping.
Post to Store:
- This button is used after shipping is processed in Webgility Desktop or if a tracking number and ship method is manually added to an order.
- Note: some sales channels such as Amazon FBA do not utilize this feature.
This button will have a pop up with the actions assigned to it when you click it.
- The most common actions here are:
- Archive - Send orders tot he Archive view
- Re-Download Order - Instruct Webgiltiy Desktop to re-download an order from the store (generally used when troubleshooting or adjusting settings)
Order Lock Toggle:
This button allows a user to lock an order by selecting the order(s) a clicking this button. When an order is locked it prevents other users (except for the primary user) from interacting with it. Selecting the orders and clicking the
Print Packing Slip or Pick List:
This button allows a user to print a packing slip or pick list for the selected orders.
This button will export the selected orders to a csv file. This can then be opened in a spreadsheet program.
What's Next :