Errors can be encountered when running QuickBooks on Windows XP or equivalent operating systems. These errors occur when Unify Enterprise attempts to connect to QuickBooks:
- PSAPI.dll file missing
- Cannot launch QBXMLRP2 component
These errors occur because the QuickBooks latest upgrade is not compatible with Windows XP as Microsoft is no longer supporting XP machines. Therefore the latest qbxmlrp2.dll file will not allow any SDK (software development kit) application (like Unify Enterprise) to connect with QuickBooks.
You need to download the older qbxmlrp2 file on the system that is running Unify Enterprise and Quickbooks and use it instead of the existing (updated) file.
Click here to download the qbxmlrp2.dll file, then follow the instructions below.
- Remove Unify Enterprise from the integrated applications are in QuickBooks and close QuickBooks
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Rename QBXMLRP2.dll to QBXMLRP2_old.dll
- Copy in the downloaded dll to the same location.
- Now try to connect Unify Enterprise with QuickBooks.
Time: 30 - 40min