Webgility Desktop supports the following shipping carriers for processing shipments from within the software.
via Stamps.com or Endicia Label Server
Workflows for shipping using any of the above carriers is the same within the Webgility Desktop Software.
Basic Shipping Workflows
To ship an order with Webgility Desktop select one or more orders from the Orders View and click Process Shipping in the lower bar.
Alternatively, you can ship directly from the Order Detail by clicking Edit in the shipping section.
Once you have selected to process the shipment for an order you are taken to the Shipment Details Screen. This will be the main hub for defining how an order ships.
There are 5 main areas in the shipping module:
- Order List: Here you will see the list of orders you have brought in for processing. If you have brought in multiple orders, typing the order number into the search box will bring it up. The status on orders will flow from Unshipped, to Ready to Ship and finally Shipped when the label is printed.
- Single vs Multiple Packages: This section of the shipping module allows you to break apart a single order into a multi-package shipment.
- Addressee and Shipper Info: The addressee info is pulled from the order itself while the sender info is your store location.
- Shipment Details: This area will allow you to define how an order ships. The options in this area can be pre-selected based on shipping rules you have set up.
- Additional Carrier Services: Once you have settled on a shipment carrier and method this area will fill with additional options to apply to the order. These will vary based on the carrier but generally include things like extra insurance, required signatures or additional shipment notification.
1. Set The Shipment Details
The selections here are preset to your default shipping rule, or if you have configured a Custom Rule that applies to the order those settings will be selected. Either way, all the options here are changeable.
Bolded options are required in order to process a shipment.
Clicking Get Rates will show you the available ways this carrier can ship the packaged based on what was selected above. For example if shipping via USPS and your package weighs over 15 oz you will not see options for shipping via first class mail, even if it is the method you have selected.
Once you have selected the carrier service and any additional Add On Details click Save Shipment in the lower left.
This will change the shipping status to "Ready to Ship"
At this point you can click Generate Label to have the label print or move onto the next shipment and print them all at once when you are ready.
Once the label is printed you will get a success message pop up.
The tracking ID, Method and Carrier will be attached to the order. You can then send this to your online store so the end customer can track the package.