This section focuses on configuring the Store settings within the Webgility Desktop Scheduler. Each store (or sales channel) you have connected to Unify Desktop has its own configuration. You can change the store you are currently configuring from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
Note: It is advised to save the settings via the save button after making changes on any of the tabs.
There are four areas in the configuration settings for a store under their respective sub-tabs; Configuration, Orders, Products, and Notifications.
Under this sub-tab, you can set the time intervals for downloading various components such as the main configuration and store items from your online store, and customers, items and other data from QuickBooks. This is background information that may not need to be updated often so a long interval (24 hours) is recommended.
The Orders area allows you to configure the automated functions you can set for you online orders. This time intervals selected should be based on the frequency with which you expect to receive new orders in your store.
When enabled via the check box to the left the drop down menu allows you to select the intervals with which the Scheduler will check the online store for any new orders. Note that even if you are not using the automation for any other functions, it is recommended that you use the feature for downloading of orders.
Followed order post and inventory sync:
When checked this option forces the inventory sync method to happen directly after orders are posted to the accounting system. This is generally left unchecked.
Post to QuickBooks:
This option allows the automation to create sales transactions from your online orders in QuickBooks (the type and settings for the transaction are setup in the main Webgility Desktop store configuration). When enabled via the check box you specify the time intervals and settings for when to post. The time selection you choose should be close to if not the same as the time selection you selected for downloading orders.
Clicking settings will prompt a pop up so that you can select when orders are automatically posted as seen in the below screenshot:
Select First Customer when QuickBooks have multiple Customers:
- This setting applies to QuickBooks Point of Sale only. When selected if there are multiple customers with the same name in QuickBooks POS the scheduler will assign the order to the customer with the lowest QuickBooks customer ID.
Must be Paid:
- When enabled, the Scheduler will only post orders that have been marked as Paid (this is set in the main Webgility Desktop store configuration area).
Must be Shipped:
- This selection is important if you are processing your shipping within the Webgility Desktop software, and puts a stop on the order if it is listed as Unshipped in the order view. If you do not want the orders entered into QuickBooks before they ship check this option.
- If you do not use Webgility Desktop for shipping, checking this is dependent on whether or not you are downloading orders before or after they ship. If you download orders prior to shipment, leave this unchecked.
- This option is usually the most commonly selected setting for order posting. It allows the Scheduler to disregard all statuses and posts the order to QuickBooks on the next timing interval.
Retrieve Error Orders:
- When selected this option the Scheduler will attempt to post any orders that are in the Errors View of Webgility Desktop on the timing interval. Note: if you have not resolved the reason the orders are in the Error View they will stay there.
- When checked this option will automate the posting of refunded orders, as set in the main Webgility Desktop store configuration area. Note this feature is not available for all sales channels.
Do not Move Order to Error Tab when Inventory Location have Insufficient Qty:
- If your QuickBooks does not allow for negative inventory and the Scheduler attempts to post an order that would take a inventory item below 0 then it will end up in the error tab due to QuickBooks rejecting the order. With this option checked, it leaves the order un-posted but in the orders tab, which allows you to select a different inventory site when posting it manually.
Retrieve tracking ID:
When you select this checkbox the Scheduler automatically retrieves the tracking id from QuickBooks at specified intervals. This works only if you have the QuickBooks Shipping Manager enabled and in use.
Post to Store:
When checked this option will post shipping information back to the online channel in the selected intervals. Note, you must be using Webgility Desktop to process your shipping to use this option.
This section lets you setup the Scheduler to update your QuickBooks or online store product on the basis of price, quantity or both. Also you can select to let Unify create missing products in QuickBooks.
To configure the Products settings:
- Select the Enable the Product Scheduler checkbox.
- Once the master inventory location has been established, select where you want to update: QuickBooks or Online Store product.
- Click which information to sync (Price, Quantity or Both).
- Click Save to save the settings, until you are ready to start the scheduler .
Note: Automatic syncing can be done between 15 min - 24 hrs. The more the products you have to sync, the more time it takes to sync. If you have a lot of SKUs/Products either in QuickBooks or your online sales channel it is better to over estimate how long it will take and adjust the intervals to a shorter duration once you know about how long it takes to complete.
The fourth sub-tab is Notifications that lets Unify to:
- Hide notifications (Windows Alerts)
- Disable logging (not recommended)
- Export orders
- This option will allow you to export orders to a csv file either daily or every time new orders are downloaded. When enabled it asks for a folder to save the file to.
Remember to save your settings after adjusting them on each screen.