This article outlines the process of connecting Webgility store module using FTP client software. In order to connect with your desired shopping store(Ex: Amazon, Shopify, etc), you need to initially download the corresponding shopping cart's store module (PHP zip file) from the Webgility customer portal and later upload the file through FTP into the respective shopping cart admin area. Another alternative to FTP is to upload the file directly from the respective shopping cart's admin panel.
- The location that the website is hosted (Host/URL)
- Username & Password to access the backend files of the website
Note: Check with your web developer or hosting company to get this information prior to the start of your Installation service.
To install the Webgility store module using FTP client software
1. Login to the Webgility store portal.
2. In the Home screen, click Downloads.
3. Under Download Webgility Store Module, from the Select Store Type drop down box, click the desired shopping cart (Ex: Magento) and then click Webgility Store Module v336.
The corresponding zip file gets downloaded.
4. Unzip the downloaded file and extract the Webgility folder.
5. Using the FTP client of your choice (we are using filezilla in this screenshot), upload the module to the applicable area of your store.
- Store module location: Either the Public or httpdocs folde.r
- Sample store module URL: http://yourwebsitename.com/webgility/webgility-magento.php
6. Once you have the uploaded the Webgility store module, right click and set 755 permissions recursively, as shown in the screen shots below.
7. You can return to store connections to proceed further.