What is unique about a server environment?
- QuickBooks company file is on server unit.
- All users are connected to the server to access the company file.
- Unify Desktop (database on that server) is available and hence it can be accessed from multiple locations.
- If Unify Desktop is on the admin computer, the add on user must have access to the server (QuickBooks) and to the admin computer (Unify Desktop Database).
- When the Unify Desktop database is housed on the server, it acts as a hub that lets all users to access it.
- The SQL server installation depends on the version of server operating system.
- Once Unify Desktop and SQL server are installed, connect it to the online store and QuickBooks company file.
- Test to download the orders and products from the store and later post the downloaded orders to Quickbooks.
Using the automation (Unify Desktop Scheduler)
- If the server encounters downtime or if the user is not logged into the server, the Unify Desktop Scheduler cannot automate continuously.
- Install Unify Desktop on another workstation, so the Unify Desktop Database (SQL server) will connect to the database installed on the server. This workstation will be the primary working environment.
- This way Unify Desktop Scheduler can run automatically and continually, while primary workstation is connected to the server.
Note: The Unify Desktop Scheduler can be configured to run Login as a startup item.
- Add-on computer must have QuickBooks installed on it.
- Must be able to access server for main Unify desktop database.
- Once you log out of the session, it breaks the SQL connection and Unify Desktop.
- Each session has a unique ID.
- Unify Desktop has to be reconfigured.
- If you install a terminal session, the SQL database must be installed in the root server (console environment).
- Unify Desktop must be installed in the root server.
- Login creates a fake environment for users to work. Upon log out, the state resets and it wouldn't be possible to run the services.
- For RDP connection, login to the system and then login to the server.
- Identifying terminal sessions: The background is usually black. Unless you are tech savvy, it is seamless.
- Although this integration is not tested, we do have users that are using this smoothly.
- Check with the support team for more information and limitations.
- Operating system's user profile follows throughout the virtual environment, so logging in to different computer takes time. However, the information seems to be static.
- Admin user can install the Unify Desktop on the server console.
- If the server desktop is not meant to be used as a workstation, then Unify Desktop must be installed on a different machine within the LAN. (Note: This is not a terminal session or virtual environment).
Points to be noted
- Unify Desktop cannot be installed on an Exchange server.
- Server must be configured to communicate with the internet (online).
- Installation must be done as the admin user of the network.
- If you are using the ACT software, it's best to install the Unify Desktop database on another computer.
For any questions, contact our support team: 877.753.5373 ext 3.
What's Next :