These are the minimum system requirements to run and ensure a seamless integration.
1. Windows Vista 32bit & 64bit/Windows 7 32bit & 64bit
- The Vista user account must have its User Account Control (UAC) set to On (as recommended by Microsoft)
- Both QuickBooks and Unify Enterprise should be run with standard user permissions (NOT elevated to run as administrator).
2. Windows 8 (32 bit / 64 bit) with SQL Server 2008
3. Windows 10 (32 bit / 64 bit) with SQL Server 2012
4. DPI setting at a maximum and minimum of 100%. Click here to view an article about how to determine your display setting and/or change it.
5. Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 and later (You will be prompted for this during install).
6. Unify Enterprise installs and uses SQL Server 2008 r2 Express or SQL Server 2012 (Windows 10). We also work with any other versions of SQL natively installed within the operating system.
7. High Speed Internet Connection
8. 4GB RAM (minimum) - 16 GB RAM (recommended)
Notes & Pre-Requisites:
1. When connecting Unify Enterprise with Quickbooks, please remember that you need to have a minimum of one customer and one product in your QuickBooks file for the Unify Enterprise connection to work. These may be a test customer and a test product.
2. We do not support installations in Windows XP anymore.
3. Since Unify Enterprise is a Windows based software, users with MAC operating system will need to install Parallels (runs simultaneously within MAC OS) or Boot Camp (fully hard-drive partition) to run Unify Enterprise within the Windows operating system.
4. If you have been using a software that has its own SQL Database (examples include UPS WorldShip, UPS WebServer, ACT and more), Unify Enterprise will not install its own version of SQL.
5. Unify Enterprise is unable to run on Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
6. If you intend to install Unify Enterprise on a server machine, click here to learn more about that process.
QuickBooks company file limitations
There are limitations for the number of records and overall size of the QuickBooks company file. Click here to learn more.