If your company file is new, most likely it may have default Quickbooks data such as multiple deposit or expense accounts, and other bits of data that come with any new company's QuickBooks financials' company file. This data needs to be created in QuickBooks because when Unify Enterprise initially connects with QuickBooks, it searches for this data. If QuickBooks fails to locate this data, you could encounter an error, while connecting or during the data download process.
If this is your first time using QuickBooks, it's easy to navigate within the software.
But before you proceed to create any data, let's understand the pre-requisites that needs to be ensured, before connecting to QuickBooks.
- At least one item
- At least one customer (Unique and/or Standard)
- A shipping charge
- A discount item
- A gift certificate item
- A store credit item
- An out-of-state tax item
- An in-state tax item
- A Vendor (In-state tax item and for products)
To get started
1. Login to your QuickBooks account.
2. Proceed with the tasks of creating customers, vendors or items.
Note: Follow the displayed screenshot to get an overview of the tasks that you need to accomplish before you get started.
3. The inventory item, shipping charge and in/out of state tax items are available in the List of Items area (Refer below screen shot).
To create a new customer
1. If you intend to create a new item, click Items & Services.
2. In the Items list screen, from the Item drop down box, click New.
3. In the New Item screen, enter all the information and then click OK to create a new item.
To view/create new customers
1. In the left pane of the Home page, click Customers.
2. In the left section of the Customer Center screen, you can track the customer (unique and standard) as shown below:
3. If you intend to create a new customer, click the New Customer & Job menu and then click New Customer.
4. In the New Customer screen:
a. Enter all the information of the customer in various fields like Customer Name, Main Phone, Work Phone, Email, Main Email and more.
b. click OK to create a new customer.
To view/create a new vendor
1. In the left pane of the Home page, click Vendors.
2. In the left section of the Vendor Center screen, you can track the vendors for in-state tax under the Vendors tab (Refer the below screen shot).
3. If you want to create a new vendor, click the New vendor menu and then click New Vendor.
4. In the New Vendor screen:
a. Enter all the details in various fields like VENDOR NAME, Main Phone, Main Email and more.
b. Click OK to create a new vendor.
Download QuickBooks data from Unify
1. Once all the data is in place, you can download the QuickBooks data and settings from Unify Enterprise (from Download Settings screen).
Note: If you need to create additional items in QuickBooks as you configure your store in Unify Enterprise (while Unify Enterprise is open), navigate to QuickBooks, create your item(s) and then switch back to the Unify Enterprise store configuration.
2. In to top right corner of the Unify Desktop screen, click the (Refresh) button to download the new data that was created.