If you have a store that is not supported by Unify Desktop, then you can connect your store as a custom store. However, the only pre-requisite is that the custom store that you intend to connect with Unify Desktop should let you export the orders in CSV or Excel format, thereby enabling Unify to import those orders in that format.
This article starts with the procedure about how to connect Unify Enterprise with custom store and ends with the procedure about how to download orders from your custom store.
To connect Unify Enterprise with a custom store
1. Login to Unify Enterprise
2. From the File menu, click Manage Stores.
3. In the Manage Stores screen, click Add New Store.
4. In the Select Store screen:
a. Type the store name in the Store Name field.
b. From the Select Store field, click Custom Store.
c. Click Continue.
5. In the Store Address screen:
a. Enter your store details such as company name, address, phone, fax and more in the respective fields.
b. Click Continue.
You will be directed to the Connect to Accounting Software screen.
Once you have successfully connected Unify Desktop with Custom Store, the next step is to connect with your accounting software. After completing this step, you are ready to process your orders from Unify Desktop.
Note: As a pre-requisite, ensure that you export your orders from your custom store in Excel or CSV format and save it on your system.
To import orders from your custom store
1. In the Unify Enterprise screen, click Orders and then click Import Orders.
2. In the Import Orders screen:
a. click Next.
b. Click Browse, select the file from the appropriate path and then click Next.
c. From the Map to Column drop down box, click to select the field names that closely corresponds to the respective field names (from Unify) displayed on the left side and then click Next.
Note: All field names, which are displayed in bold requires mandatory mapping.
d. A message notifies that the mappings have been saved successfully.
e. Click the checkboxes of the orders that you need to import and then click Import Orders.
f. A message prompts asking whether you want to set payment to unpaid and shipment status to unshipped. Click either Yes or No as per your requirements.
Note: If you click Remember this action checkbox, your current action gets saved without prompting this message again.
- Alternatively, if you set payment status as paid and shipping status as shipped, you get an alert message asking whether you want to set payment status to unpaid and shipment status to unshipped. You can accordingly choose the appropriate option in the displayed message.
- At any point of time, if you want to want to make changes to your data or existing settings, click Change Settings
g. In the pop-up screen that displays, note that your orders have been imported successfully. Click Close to close this screen.
Next Steps :