Within the NovelASPect environment which hosts QuickBooks and Unify Enterprise, the scheduler can automate as well.
The primary automation are the functions directly related to order fulfillment within Unify Enterprise. Automating these features will help the user process orders quickly.
- Download orders
- Post to QB
- Post to Store
- Retreive Tracking ID
- Enable Product Sync (Update online store and QB products)
- Create missing products in QuickBooks
Best Practices for Unify Enterprise Scheduler
1) Unify Enterprise Scheduler is best activated from the Scheduler icon on the Unify Enterprise Dashboard
2) The QuickBooks company file must be open while Unify Enterprise Scheduler is automating. Especially for automatic product synchronization and data downloads.
3) Unify Enterprise Scheduler can only run while user is logged into the NovelASPect environment
4) Secondary Automation: The secondary automation is related to the scheduler itself or the Unify Enterprise database.
- Use Unify Enterprise Scheduler startup item
- Enable automatic backup of Unify Enterprise Database
- Select backup folder
- Configure period, backup time and retention days
Since your Unify Enterprise database is stored within the NovelASPect environment it will not need to be backed up. NovelASPect will take care of the backup of the database within its servers.