- Unify Desktop only processes orders returns "FBA" (Fulfilment By Amazon), and not the "merchant" orders.
- Enable Unify Desktop to download Return Orders.
- You can enable Unify Desktop to download and manage return Orders from Amazon stores.
- In order to download the Return orders in Unify Desktop, you should enable the order Update feature under File>>Configure Store>>Orders Tab select “Yes” on the drop down and then make changes on the order update settings window.
- Now Unify Desktop will download the orders under the updates tab and will show What’s Changed as “Order Returned”
Set up Expenses and Fees to handle Return Orders.
- In order to handle the return orders there is no separate settings provided in Unify Desktop for Expenses and Fees.
The transaction which is selected for Item price, under the Record Refund transactions, in QuickBooks is used to record the Return orders as well.
Posting Return Orders from Updates tab.
- As soon as a return order is downloaded into updates tab you can post that order from the Updates tab itself without downloading the Updated order into Unify Desktop.
- In order to post the return order Settlement report containing order return information should be downloaded into Unify Desktop.
- As soon as the Settlement report is downloaded into Unify Desktop for the returns it will show the Settlement received status as “Yes”.
- Once the Settlement report is received in Unify Desktop you can select the return order under “Updates” tab and click on “Post to QuickBooks”.
- You can also post the return order after downloading the updated order into Unify Desktop, from the order details window, under the "Returns" Tab.
Things to keep in Mind
- Unify Desktop will not download the return orders which are older than a month.
- If return order is downloaded into “Updates” tab and you want to download the updated order then you are voiding the previously created transactions. (Only if order was pre - posted into QuickBooks) Unify Desktop will now prompt you to void the Transaction.
Reference: Process return orders from Amazon, Posting return orders from the update tab, Set up expenses and fees to handle return orders.
What's Next :