This article walks you through the process of connecting Unify Desktop with X-Cart. For this, you need to have the admin credentials of X-Cart to enable you to successfully connect to X-Cart. However, before you commence with the integration process, ensure that the X-Cart store module has been installed in your server or not. If not, you need to install and activate it.
To connect Unify Desktop with X-Cart
1. From the File menu of the Unify Desktop screen, click Manage Stores.
2. In the Manage Stores screen, click Add Store.
3. In the Select Store screen:
a. In the Store Name field, type the appropriate store name.
b. From the Select Store drop down box, click X-Cart.
c. In the Store web address field, type the appropriate URL of your store.
d. Click Continue.
The webgility store module URL automatically gets generated and displayed in the Webgility Store Module address field.
Note: Only if you have installed the X-cart module on your server, will you be able to auto generate this store module address, else you need to login to the FTP server to upload the zip file.
5. In the Connect to your Store screen:
a. Type in your admin credentials (user name and password).
b. Click Connect to Store.
Unify Enterprise will now commence to download your store data and settings from X-Cart.
c. Once the download process is complete, click Continue.
6. In the Store Address screen, fill in your store details in various fields such as Company, Address 1, City, State, Phone, Email, Website and more and then click Continue.
You will be directed to the Connect to Accounting Software screen, where you need to connect with your desired accounting application.