What is unique about the server environment?
- QuickBooks Company file is on the server unit.
- All users are connected to the server to access the company file.
- Unify Enterprise (database on that server) is available, so it can be accessed from multiple locations.
- If Unify Enterprise is on an admin computer, then the add-on user must have access to the server (QuickBooks) and the admin computer (Unify Enterprise Database).
- When the Unify Enterprise database is housed on the server, it acts as a hub that can be accessed by all users.
- The SQL server installation depends on the version of the server operating system.
- Once Unify Enterprise and SQL server are installed, connect it to the online store and QuickBooks company file.
- Test to download the orders and products from the store and post the downloaded orders to QuickBooks.
Using the automation (Unify Enterprise Scheduler)
- If the server encounters any downtime issues or if the user is not logged into the server, the Unify Enterprise Scheduler cannot automate continuously.
- Install the Unify Enterprise on another workstation, enabling the Unify Enterprise Database (SQL server) to connect to the database installed on the server. This workstation will be the primary working environment.
- Unify Enterprise Scheduler can run automatically and continually, while primary workstation is connected to the server.
Note: The Unify Enterprise Scheduler can be configured to run Login as a startup item.
- Add-on computer must have QuickBooks installed on it.
- Must be able to access server for main Unify Enterprise database.
- Once you log out of the session, it breaks the SQL connection and Unify Enterprise.
- Each session has a unique ID.
- Unify Enterprise has to be reconfigured.
- If you install on a terminal session, the SQL connection must be installed in the root server (console environment).
- Unify Enterprise must be installed in the root server.
- Login creates a fake environment for users to work. Upon log out, the state resets and wouldn't be able to run services.
- RDP connection enables you to login to the system and the server.
- Identifying terminal sessions: The background is usually black. Unless you are tech savvy, it is seamless.
- Although this integration is not tested, we do have users that are using this smoothly.
- Check with the support team for more information and limitations.
- Operating system's user profile follows throughout the virtual environment, so logging into a different computer takes time. However, the information may seem static.
- Admin user can install the Unify Enterprise on the server console.
- If the server desktop is not meant to be used as a workstation, then Unify Enterprise must be installed on a different machine within the LAN. (Note: This is not a terminal session or virtual environment).
- Unify Enterprise cannot be installed on an Exchange server.
- Server must be configured to communicate with the internet (online).
- Installation must be done as the admin user of the network.
- If you are using the ACT software, it's best to install the Unify Enterprise database on another computer.
For any questions contact our support team: 877.753.5373 ext 3
What's Next :