This article guide you through the process of connecting your WooCommerce shopping cart with Unify Desktop, apart from a procedure to retrieve your authentication credentials from WooCommerce store.
Please ensure that the following software requirements have been met before you successfully connect WooCommerce with Unify Desktop.
- Minimum version of Woo Commerce required: v1.3
- PHP v5.0 or higher
- PHP CURL
- PHP JSON
- PhP MYCRYPT
To connect WooCommerce with Unify Desktop
- From the File menu of the Unify Desktop screen, click Manage Stores.
- In the Manage Stores screen, click Add Store.
- In the Select Store screen:
a. In the Store Name field, type the appropriate store name.
b. From the Select Store drop down box, click WooCommerce.
c. Type the URL of your store in the Store web address field.
Note: If you do not have the store module URL or not sure which URL to enter, follow the procedure: To Generate WooCommerce URL (outlined after this procedure).
d. Click Continue.
4. In the Connect to your Store screen:
a. Type in your admin credentials (user name and password).
b. Click Connect to Store.
Unify Enterprise will now commence to download your store data and settings from WooCommerce.
c. Once the download process is complete, click Continue.
5. In the Store Address screen, fill in your store details in various fields such as Company, Address 1, City, State, Phone, Email, Website and more and then click Continue.
You will be directed to the Connect to Accounting Software screen, where you need to connect with your desired accounting package.
Generating WooCommerce URL
Before you actually generate WooCommerce URL, you need to download the WooCommerce's PHP zip file from the Webgility customer portal and save it in the desired location. Once done, you can upload this file, using the steps outlined in the following procedure and get the desired URL.
If you want to learn how to download the file from Webgility customer portal, click here.
Note: Another alternative and the most preferred method is to upload the zip file through FTP.
To generate WooCommerce URL
1. Login to Wordpress using your admin credentials.
2. In the left pane of the Dashboard, click Plugins and then click Add New.
3. In the Add Plugins screen, click Upload Plugin.
4. Click Choose File, browse and select the zip file that you might have downloaded earlier and then click Install Now.
Wait for the plugin to get installed.
5. Once the plugin gets downloaded, click Installed plugins, find Webgility under Plugins list and click Activate to generate the module URL. Copy the store module URL and paste it in the Connect to the Store screen.