What is syncing?
When orders are created in the online store, the online store will deduct the quantity within the online store interface automatically and the quantity in NetSuite no longer matches the quantity in the online store.
Why is syncing important?
This process can be further complicated integrating with multiple online stores that all share the same stock level. The user must always be mindful of overselling in a particular online store, which causes the order to become unfulfilled or delayed because there is no quantity.
Establishing a master inventory location
Before the syncing process can begin, the user must establish where the master location will be. The 'master location' is the main area that updated when new stock is received or an item is created manually and the starting quantity is established.
How syncing works?
Keeping the price and/or quantity matching in both the online store and NetSuite is one main function of managing inventory within Unify Desktop. Data can be synchronized:
Products that match or have been mapped together can be be synchronized.
- Manual Synchronizing
Within the Product menu, select the Synchronize Products area.
- The blue columns are the product matching criteria which was set up in the store configuration.
- The drop-down tool can be used to display products with specific data, that is 'out of sync'.
- Status (Out of Sync): Unify Desktop has detected a conflict of either the price and/or quantity in the online store or NetSuite for a product.
- Status (In Orders): This status means that the particular product is currently in an order that has not been posted to NetSuite, therefore the inventory hasn't been completely balanced in NetSuite. This product cannot be synced until the orders that have this item has been posted to NetSuite.
- Status (Base): This is a display product only and cannot be synced.
2. Automatic Syncing
This can be done using the 'product syncing' function within the Unify Desktop Scheduler.
- Automatic syncing can be done between 15 min - 24hrs. "The more products you have to sync, the automatic syncing time should also be increased".
- When updating the NetSuite products, either price or quantity can be synced.
- When updating the Online store product, both price and/or quantity can be synced.