Hold at FedEx Location FAQ
1. What does this extension do?
This extension gives your customers the option to pick up their FedEx packages at a FedEx retail location. There are 2,400 FedEx locations across the U.S. to choose from, and the plug-in is only available for FedEx Express® and FedEx Ground® services and Magento Community edition.
2. What do I do after I install the extension?
From the Webgility tab in your Magento Admin Panel, select Hold at FedEx Location. If you don’t have a Webgility Account or FedEx Account, you can register within the extension. Sign in to your FedEx and Webgility Accounts, and enable the plug-in.
3. What FedEx services are supported with Hold at FedEx Location?
FedEx Express® and FedEx Ground®
4. Are there any costs for me or my customer?
The extension is free! There are no costs above your regular FedEx rates, and no surcharges for the customer.
5. How do customers select Hold at FedEx Location?
Upon checkout, the customer selects “Ship to different address,” and then chooses “Hold at FedEx Location.” The customer enters their zip code and selects from the list of FedEx retail locations. They proceed checkout as usual.
6. How do I process a Hold at FedEx Location order?
A Hold at FedEx Location order comes in as a regular order. The FedEx location’s address shows up as the customer’s ship-to address. It must be processed with FedEx Express or FedEx Ground.
7. What happens if a customer chooses Hold at FedEx location incorrectly?
If the order is not processed yet, the customer needs to contact the online store to request a manual change in shipping address.
8. Does this extension work for international orders?
No. Hold as FedEx Location is only available within the U.S.
9. What will happen if I upgrade Magento?
The extension is compatible with Magento Community editions, v1.7 and up.
10. I run several Magento stores. Do I need several copies of the extension?
You only need one extension. You can toggle the extension “on” or “off” for individual stores within your Admin panel.
11. Did your extensions work with custom themes?
Generally, our extensions are compatible with most of custom themes if they were installed according to the instructions from the installation guide. However, problems may occur for a number of third-party themes.
12. Who do I contact if I have questions or feedback?