QuickBooks company file limitations
There is a limit as to how much information can be stored within a QuickBooks company file. Here is what Intuit says about company file size limits.
- Pro/Premiere: Company file exceed 150Mb (max)
- Enterprise: Company file exceeds 1GB (max)
What is the impact?
1) Connecting overloaded company files to eCC Desktop can result in an extended wait time for downloading data from QuickBooks by eCC Desktop.
2) Adding additional data into a company file that has already reached its limit, can result in complete and unrecoverable data loss within the company file.
What are the warning signs?
1) Reports taking up to 30 - 40 seconds to run
2) Item list has reached 14,500 entries
3) Vendor, Employees, Customers list has reached 14,500 entries
4) QuickBooks Database fragment is between 15 - 19 (Critical), 20 and above (Severe danger)
How to move forward?
A new company file must be created and truncated data from the old company file must be migrated over. This is a long and tedious process that can take hours and should only be handled by a QuickBooks ProAdvisors that are trained in this process.
We are partnered with Business Solutions Providers who can facilitate this migration as a paid service to you.
A healthy company file is critical to the success of your business within QuickBooks and with our product. - Chris Robinson