July 29, 2014
As part of your trial or paid subscription, we need to send you email communication. Here's how to make sure that our emails end up in your inbox and not in your spam folder. This process is called "whitelisting."
1. First, if you find email from us in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the "Not Spam" button
2. Next, open an email that you have received from us
3. Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to "Reply"
4. Click "Add Webgility to Contacts list"
1. On the Tools menu, click Options
2. On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
3. On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
4. Add webgility.com where it says "Add address"
5. Click OK
To whitelist "webgility.com" with Yahoo!, you will need to set up a "filter" after first taking the following steps:
1. If you find email from "webgility.com" is going to your Yahoo! bulk folder, open it and click "Not Spam"
2. Be sure that the address "webgility.com" is not in your "Blocked Addresses" list. If "webgility.com" is on your "Blocked Addresses" list, select it and click "Remove Block"
Now to create the filter:
1. Open your mail and click on "Mail Options" in the upper right hand corner
2. Select 'Filters' (in the bottom left corner)
3. On the Filters page, click "Add"
4. Select the "From header:" rule, and add "contains" and alerts "webgility.com", which tells the system to put email with "webgility.com" in your inbox and not the bulk folder.
5. Click the "Choose Folder" pull down menu and select 'Inbox'
6. Pick the Add Filter button
To whitelist our address with Hotmail you will need to add webgility.com to your Hotmail Safe List. Here's how:
1. First, if you find email from us in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click "Not Junk"
2. Next, check to see if the email address "webgility.com" is on your Blocked Senders list. If you find "webgility.com" on your Hotmail blocked senders list, select it and click on the "Remove" button.
3. Next, open your mailbox and click "Options" in the upper right hand corner
4. At the top of the page, click on the "Junk E-mail Protection" link
5. Next, click on "Safe List", which is down near the bottom
6. Copy and paste "webgility.com" where it says "Type an address or domain"
7. Click the "Add" button
To add webgility.com to your AOL address book:
1. Open an email from us and then click the 'This Is Not Spam' button
2. Click the Mail menu and select Address Book
3. Wait for the Address Book window to pop up, then click the 'Add' button
4. Wait for the Address Card for New Contact window to load
5. Paste "webgility.com" into the â€˜Other E-Mailâ€™ field
6. Make our "From" address, "webgility.com" , the Primary E-Mail address by checking the appropriate box
7. Click "Save"
To whitelist in Thunderbird, you will need to add "webgility.com" to your address book, and then set up your Thunderbird Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
1. First, if you find email from "webgility.com" in your Junk folder, right-click on our email and choose "Mark as Not Junk"
2. Next, click the Address Book button
3. Highlight the Personal Address Book
4. Click on "New Card"
5. In the "Contact" tab of the new card, copy and paste "webgility.com" to the email dialog box
6. Click "Ok"
7. Next, to whitelist your address book, select "Tools > Junk Mail Controls" from the drop down menu
8. Update the "White Lists" module under the "Settings" tab by selecting "Personal Address Book" from the drop down menu, and then check the box next to "Do not mark messages as junk mail"
9. Click "Ok"
Apple Mail for OS X
1. First, if email from "webgility.com" ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click "Not Junk" at the top of your screen.
1. Go to Mail > Preferences from your Mail menu
2. Go to the Rules tab
3. Select Add Rule
4. Give this rule a name such as "Webgility"
5. Create a rule that says "If any of the following conditions are met: 'From' 'Contains'" and then paste in "webgility.com"
6. From the actions, select 'Move message' to mailbox 'Inbox'.
7. Click "OK"
1. Click Preferences from the menu.
2. Click Restrict Incoming Email.
3. Click Yes to Enable Email Controls.
4. Click Allow email from addresses listed below.
5. Enter "webgility.com" you want to whitelist.
6. Click Add.
7. Click Update to finish.