Onboarding Package: Installation, Setup, and Training
This page provides information on what is needed to prepare your website and QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop or Xero for Unify installation and setup, and training.
This article will cover:
- Who to get involved in the installation and setup session
- How to prepare for your installation/setup services
- What the training session will cover
- Booking your services
1. Install/Setup: Who to involve
- Unify user/department: This is the person or department who will be using Unify day to day. They need to be involved in the installation and setup process.
- QuickBooks Online or Xero user/accountant: The setup of the store profile in Unify will have utilize areas of your accounting. It will be helpful for whoever is handling your accounting to attend the setup session to make sure accounting aspects are being setup correctly.
- Web developer (optional): If you don't know your FTP information or in the process of installing the Webgility Store module and we run into an issue your developer must fix/troubleshoot. They don't have to attend the session, but they need to be reachable so any issues can be solved within the session.
2. Install/Setup: How to Prepare
- Please make sure that your accounting company file is in place, and you have setup your shipping accounts and tax items in your accounting company file.
- Please also have all of your account and login info ready for the meeting; QuickBooks Online/Xero login credentials, Unify login credentials, and store login credentials.
- Online store FTP information to install the Webgility store module, or API information (for hosted carts).
3. What the training session will cover
- Connect Unify to your online store(s) and accounting software
- Setup your Unify store configuration
- Product module training: download products, creating products and mapping products
- Unify automation training: learn how to automate syncing orders to your accounting software to save time.
- General best practices for using the product.
4. Technical aspects
Unify Desktop Extension (UDE) Installation location: It is important to know where your Quickbooks company file is located, especially if it is on a hosted environment. The UDE will need to be installed on the system the houses the company file.
You can watch the video that is most applicable to where your QuickBooks Desktop company file is installed.
a. Unify Desktop Extension installation (local computer)
b. Unify Desktop Extension installation (hosted environment)
Remote Desktops: The Customer Success Squad will be remoting in to your system. If you are remoting into a system, the Unify Desktop Extension (UDE) can run into issues with installing the software and SQL server if the remote user doesn't have admin access. Being in the physical location or making sure the remote login has admin credentials if great prep work for the installation session.
- If you access your accounting system company file on a server location within your network (LAN) this is okay for Unify Desktop Extension (UDE).
- If you connect to your company file on a server location outside of your network (VPN), UDE may have a difficult time maintaining connect to the company file.
- It is generally not recommended to connect UDE to a company file that is accessible via VPN.
FTP information: Unify Enterprise connects to some shopping carts by installing the Webgility Store Module into the shopping cart admin. FTP information is:
- The location that the website is hosted (Host/URL)
- Username & Password to access the backend files of the website
Check with your Web Developer or Hosting company to get this information prior to the start of your Installation service.
Quickbooks Access: Your company file needs to be in single user mode if you have a multi-user company file. You need to have your Admin credentials and the ability kick any multi-users off QuickBooks for about 2 -10min.