Unify Desktop downloads orders from your online store based on order status, date range and order number.
If you are unsure what that status is ask yourself these questions:
- Where are the orders that are ready for me to process in my online store?
- What is the status of those orders?
- Are those orders already paid for?
- Are they ready to be shipped?
- Are they already shipped because I have an off-site shipping department that ships my orders when they ready?
The answers will govern what status is chosen, is the order paid or shipped when it is downloaded into Unify Desktop.
a. Download to Unify Desktop and Online Order status: the answer to questions 1 and 2 will determine this.
b. Process Payment: if your orders that area ready to process are already paid for, then they will need to downloaded into Unify Desktop as Paid. Therefore, No, mark as paid.
c. Process Shipping
- Yes: orders are downloaded as Unshipped
- No, mark as Shipped: orders downloaded as Shipped
Any order status that are not checked, are not processed in Unify Desktop. There are two options to choose:
- Don't download
- Download, but place in the Ignore tab
- Click here to view these options in the Magento integration.
- Status used when posting orders back to store: This is the order status that the Post to Store function will change the order to.
- Send order completion email after posting back to store: Unify Desktop can trigger the online store to send an email with shipping details (Tracking ID) to the customer.
- Order Acknowledgement: Unify Desktop will add an icon next to the order and Unify Desktop will change the order status in the online store selected in the dropdown.
- Status used when cancelling orders: If you cancel an order within Unify Desktop, this is the status that the online order will be updated to.
- Send order cancellation email when order is cancelled: Unify Desktop can trigger the online store to send a order cancellation email to a customer.
When creating a phone order, Unify Desktop can either retrieve QuickBooks items or Online store items to select to create phone orders within Unify Desktop.
If there are changes made to an order (in the online store) after it is initially downloaded into Unify Desktop, will sent the order to the updates tab. The user will be able to verify the data that changed and re-download the order based on those changes.
- Yes: displays an interface of data Unify Desktop can detect if a change is made.
Note: The user should isolate the most common types of order changes that can be made to an order.
- No: If you don't want Unify Desktop to detect order changes, this function can be turned off.