These are the minimum system requirements to run Unify Desktop and ensure a seamless integration.
1. Windows Vista 32bit & 64bit/Windows 7 32bit & 64bit
2. Windows 8 (32 bit / 64 bit) with SQL Server 2008
3. Windows 10 (32 bit / 64 bit) with SQL Server 2012
4. DPI setting at a maximum and minimum of 100%. Click here to view an article about how to determine your display setting and/or change it.
5. Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 or later (You will be prompted for this during install).
6. Unify Desktop installs and uses SQL Server 2008 Express or Later
7. High Speed Internet Connection
8. 4 GB RAM (recommended)
Notes & Prerequisites:
1. When connecting Unify Desktop with Quickbooks, please remember that you need to have a minimum of one customer and one product in your QuickBooks file for the Unify Desktop connection to work. These may be a test customer and a test product.
2. Since Unify Desktop is a Windows based software, users with MAC operating system will need to install Parallels (runs simultaneously within MAC OS) or Boot Camp (fully hard-drive partition) to run Unify Desktop within the Windows operating system.
3. If you have been using a software that has its own SQL Database (examples include UPS WorldShip, UPS WebServer, ACT and more), Unify Desktop will not install its own version of SQL.
6. Unify Desktop is unable to run on Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
7. If you intend to install Unify Desktop on a server machine, click here to learn more about that process.
QuickBooks company file limitations
There are limitations for the number of records and overall size of the QuickBooks company file. Click here to learn more.