These are the minimum system requirements to run Webgility Desktop and ensure a seamless integration.
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows 8 (32 bit / 64 bit) with SQL Server 2008
Windows 10 (32 bit / 64 bit) with SQL Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 (and newer)
- Microsoft.Net Framework 3.5 or later (You will be prompted for this during install).
- Webgility Desktop installs and uses SQL Server 2012 Express or Later
- High-Speed Internet Connection
- 8 GB RAM (recommended)
Recommended Server System Specifications for Optimal Performance:
- Intel Xeon E3 / E5 series 2.0GHz+ or AMD equivalent
- Windows Server 2016 / 2019
- Microsoft.Net Framework 4
- 16Gb+ DDR3 or DDR4 RAM
- 100Gb up to 1000Gb System Storage (in addition to OS)
It helps if the DPI setting is at a maximum and minimum of 100%. Click here to view an article about how to determine your display setting and/or change it.
QuickBooks company file limitations
There are limitations for the number of records and the overall size of the QuickBooks company file. Click here to learn more.
Notes & Prerequisites:
- When connecting Webgility Desktop with QuickBooks, please remember that you need to have a minimum of one customer and one product in your QuickBooks file for the Webgility Desktop connection to work. These may be a test customer and a test product.
- Since Webgility Desktop is Windows-based software, users with MAC operating system will need to install Parallels (runs simultaneously within MAC OS) or Boot Camp (fully hard-drive partition) to run Webgility Desktop within the Windows operating system. Note: Running the above environments have been known to impact Webgiltiy Desktop performance
- If you have been using a software that has its own SQL Database (examples include UPS WorldShip, UPS WebServer, ACT and more), Webgility Desktop will not install its own version of SQL.
- Webgility Desktop is unable to run on a Microsoft Exchange Server.