What is syncing?
When orders are created in the online store, the online store will deduct the quantity within the online store interface automatically and the quantity in QuickBooks no longer matches the quantity in the online store.
In the case of the QuickBooks POS integration, when an order is made in the online store or if a product is purchased in-store, the quantity levels between the online store and QuickBooks POS can rapidly become out of sync.
Why is syncing important?
This process can be further complicated integrating with multiple online stores that all share the same stock level. The user must always be mindful of overselling in a particular online store, which causes the order to become unfulfilled or delayed because there is no quantity.
Establishing a master inventory location
Before the syncing process can begin, the user must established where the master location will be. The master location is the area is main area that updated when new stock is received or an item is created manually and the starting quantity is established.
How syncing works
Keeping the price and/or quantity matching in both the online store store and QuickBooks is one main functions of managing inventory within Unify Desktop. Data can be synchronized:
Products that match or have been mapped together can be be synchronized.
Within the Product menu, select the Synchronize Products area.
Introduction to this area
- The blue columns are the product matching criteria which was setup in the store configuration.
- The dropdown tool can be used to display products with specific data that is out of sync.
- Status (Out of Sync): Unify Desktop has detected a conflict of either the price and/or quantity in the online store or QuickBooks for a product.
- Status (In Orders): this status means that the particular product is current in an order that has not been posted to QuickBooks, therefore the inventory hasn't been completely balanced in QuickBooks. This product cannot be synced until the orders that have this item has been posted to QuickBooks.
- Status (Base): this is a display product only and cannot be synced.
Using the product syncing function within the Unify Desktop Scheduler
Introduction to this area
- Automatic syncing can be done between 15 min - 24hrs. The more products you have to sync, the automatic syncing time should be also increased.
- When updating the QuickBooks products, either price or quantity can be synced
- When updating the Online store product, both price and/or quantity can be synced